Civil Rights Monitor
This is a one-year, part-time position. This position reports to AdHoc’s Project Manager. AdHoc’s Civil Rights Monitoring is a process of reviewing a particular event, process and/or performance. The activity requires the technical skills and substantive administrative tools to effectively conduct surveillance activities. “Monitoring” is a broad term describing the active collection, verification, and immediate use oh the information to address civil rights problems. Civil Rights Monitoring includes gathering information about interactions, observing activities and events. The term includes evaluating activities at the AdHoc Group Against Crime offices as well as first-hand fact gathering and other work in the field.
- The monitoring will consist of review of the protected categories as defined under Missouri Statue.
- AdHoc Civil Rights Monitors will observe onsite, first-hand of the interactions of the public entering throughout the venue as defined by Westport Community Improvement District and/or the events sponsor.
- Provide weekly reports to Project Manager with Shift Leads’ approval.
- Document all interactions properly and submit to Shift Lead for review.
- Record all observed interactions involving people being denied entry or searched.
- Record number of times Kansas City Police Officers are involved in searches or called to assist in the removal of a patron. Track number of weapons confiscated.
- Track the number of people subject to searches using a wand.
- Provide details of all interactions observed.
AdHoc Group Against Crime places a high value on these thought patterns exhibited by its employees: flexibility; critical thinking; creativity/innovation; resiliency; accountability; leadership; social responsibility; altruism, integrity; and excellence in all work carried out on behalf of the agency mission to serve its constituents.
Must be at least 21 years of age. Have a high school diploma or equivalent. Must be able to stand for 4 hours, be detailed oriented proficient in Microsoft Office and Gmail. Must have excellent penmanship. must have reliable transportation, driver’s license and proof of insurance. As contingent upon hiring, candidates must show proficiency during training, submit written samples and complete basic knowledge test. Final candidates will be subject to background check and drug testing.
Preferences: Experience in criminal justice, social justice, and/or ethics is preferred.
Weekends (Friday and Saturday) 10:30 p.m. – 3:00 a.m., and monthly, weekday meetings for training and review reports with Supervisor &team. Monitors will be required to work a minimum two rotating weekends per month
Benefits and /or Salary: $20.00 per hour.
To apply for this position please send a copy of your resume to email@example.com